11-24-07 Chase Mega ride

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

ACLakey
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

11-24-07 Chase Mega ride

Postby ACLakey » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:59 am

The word got you that Wombat and I were going riding yesterday. Someone invited someone else ect and we had 10 quads and a Ranger show up. No big deal, we had a good ride until my camera battery went dead. The @!#%@# at Staples did not tell me it was a proprietary battery :x so we were only able to take a few shots.

Some group shots on the Moon.

EASY DAVE!!

He is the head mechanic at the local Polaris dealer, so he grabbed several demo quads to play with. We had a 700efi and an 800efi 2up quad to try out.

We left the Moon area and headed up the trails, one guy ran out of gas 2mi into the trails so we waited for others to go back to the truck and bail him out.

Some of the group waiting.

We got everybody back together and went another 300 yards when one of the sport quads lost 1st gear in his tranny. The group split and went back to the trailer where they had a spare and the rest of us headed up the mountain. We ran into some fairly deep snow which made things interesting....damm battery. Anyways we had a good trip minus the pictures. Next time.

On a side note I was very impressed with the ride, traction and handling of the Polaris quads. I thought seriously about getting one but decided on the Grizzly. I know now I would have been happy with the Polaris minus the weight and rear wheel engine break. The 2up quad was a climbing machine, the extra wheel base made a noticeable difference in the steep stuff. All in all they are a very nice quad.